A discussion on the future of progressive foreign policy to launch Global Politics After 9/11: The Democratiya Interviews (Edited by Alan Johnson, Preface by Michael Walzer and published by The Foreign Policy Centre / Democratiya)
Date: Monday 21 April, 6-8pm
Venue: Committee Room 3a, The Palace of Westminster (St. Stephen's Entrance), London SW1A 0AA
- Lord Falconer of Thoroton, Chair
- Alan Johnson, Democratiya.com, Editor of Global Politics After 9/11
- Denis Macshane MP, Labour Foreign Office Minister 2001-2005
- Michael Moore MP, Liberal Democrat Spokesman for International Development, tbc
- John Lloyd, Financial Times and Reuters Institute, Oxford
- Andrew Mitchell MP, Shadow Secretary of State for International Development
- Ladan Boroumand, Research Director, The Abdorrahman Boroumand Foundation for the promotion of human rights and democracy in Iran
There will be a question and answer period. Copies of Global Politics After 9/11: The Democratiya Interviews will be available at a specially reduced price of 7.99.
RSVP is to Julie Utting Julie.Utting@JohnSmithTrust.org All press enquiries, and questions aside from RSVP related to the launch to Alan Johnson Alanjohnsonlfiq@aol.com. Places are strictly limited and will be allocated on a first to reply basis.
Sponsors: The Foreign Policy Centre, The John Smith Institute, Democratiya.com, The Henry Jackson Society, Progress and Engage.