UK perspectives on EU employment and social law
Date: Friday 15th June 2012, 6pm-7.30pm
Venue: Diamond Room, Macdonald Burlington, Burlington Arcade, 126 New Street, Birmingham, B2 4JQ
The FPC, EC and TUC's 'Single Market, Equal Rights?' Birmingham seminar will bring together a range of different British perspectives on the EU's role in employment and social law. The event will look at the current state of the debate in Brussels on employment and social rights, take the political temperature in the UK around the issue and set out the benefits and challenges for workers, businesses and the country.
Our panel will comprise:
- Emma Reynolds MP, Shadow Europe Minister
- Malcolm Harbour MEP, Chair European Parliament Single Market Committee
- Lorely Burt MP, Chair of the Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Party
- Rob Johnston, Midlands Regional Secretary, TUC
- Dr Anneliese Dodds, Lecturer in Public Policy, Aston University
Chair: Adam Hug, Policy Director, FPC
The event is free and open to all.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP for this event
Download Single Market, Equal Rights? Birmingham event invitation (180 kilobyte PDF)