Events and Projects Officer
The Foreign Policy Centre (FPC) is looking to recruit an Events and Projects Officer to join its team based in London.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
- Leading the operational management of the FPC’s programme of seminars, roundtables and conferences, including producing invitations, working with venues, liaising with speakers and attendees, and post-event communications.
- Developing event themes and identifying potential panellists and attendees, both in conjunction with colleagues and independently.
- Proof-reading and supporting the production of the FPC’s publications, articles, briefings and project proposals.
- Assisting with management and production of the FPC’s website content, social media accounts and digital newsletter.
- Providing other administrative and operational support as required.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong organisational ability, including ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritise workload and operate both independently and as part of a team
- An eye for detail
- Good IT skills
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Event management experience
- Understanding of the think-tank and/or not-for-profit sector
- Interest in international affairs and/or human rights
- Experience of working with (or in) the UK Parliament
- Experience of working with MailChimp, Eventbrite, WordPress, SoundCloud and social media systems
Salary: £25,000 to £32,000 per annum (commensurate with experience) + pension.
Hours: Full-time (though we will also strongly consider applications for 4 days per week). Opportunities for flexible working.
Application deadline: 5 March 2019 (Interviews will take place on 12 March 2019)
To apply for the role, please send your CV and a supporting statement outlining your interest in the job to email@example.com by 6.00pm on Tuesday 5 March 2019. Please note we will only be able to give feedback to shortlisted candidates.